In case this has not yet come to your attention, starting September 25th 2015, the UN launched the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGS) to replace the MDGs aimed at ending poverty, protecting the planet and ensuring prosperity for all.
These are the 17 areas of focus.
- No poverty
- Zero hunger
- Good health and well-being
- Quality education
- Gender equality
- Clean water and sanitation
- Affordable and clean energy
- Decent work and economic growth
- Industry, innovation and infrastructure
- Reduced inequalities
- Sustainable cities and communities
- Responsible consumption and production
- Climate action
- Life below water
- Life on land
- Peace, justice and strong institutions
- Partnerships for the goals.
As always, SF will endeavor to align our programming to these SDGs so as to contribute to sustainable development globally. We are glad to be on track already with our new strategic plan and hope to strengthen the partner engagemnent more with these SDGs.
Here’s a download link of the SDGs in full description.